LABL Protect ensures peace of mind by covering lost, stolen, and damaged items that meet our guidelines.
Claims must be filled for lost packages after 7 days for domestic orders and 21 days (and within 30 days from the last checkpoint) for international shipments.
- If a package cannot be delivered due to an invalid address or other barriers, the carrier may opt to return the item to the sender. In this case, the package would not be classified as lost and therefore would not be covered by LABL. The item is in possession of the sender, and LABL will refer the customer to the retailer.
- Note: An exception to this is in regards to perishable items which cannot be reused.
- If a customer ordered several items and only received some of them, and there is no evidence of tampering, LABL will not cover this issue and will refer the customer to the retailer. If the issue is that the retailer forgot to ship an item from the order, the customer will be told to contact the retailer directly to fulfill the missing items.
- LABL will cover the issue if a customer made a single order that was shipped in multiple packages and one of the package does not arrive.
- If a package is labeled "return to sender", LABL does not cover it because it means that a customer has provided an invalid/undeliverable address, or they have refused delivery.
- We may cover the issue if it is a perishable item or if the retailer is unable to reuse it. These cases will be approved at LABL's discretion.
- LABL does not cover the shipping costs of merchants reshipping the item out once it has been returned to the warehouse. It is up to the merchant whether or not the charge the customer for reshipment fees.
- If an order is stuck in customers, LABL cannot offer any coverage. The next step would be for the customer to pay the customs fee to receive their package.
- LABL can approve payment of customs a second time if we have replaced an item the customer has already paid customs on.
- If an order's status is unfulfilled or unshipped, it has yet to be fulfilled by the retailer. LABL has no jurisdiction in this case, and LABL Protect is not yet applicable because the order has yet to be shipped.
- If a customer files a claim the same day their package status was changed to "delivered", LABL requires that a 5 business day waiting period passes before we will process the claim. Sometimes carriers will mark a package as delivered while it is still in transit. LABL reserves the right to change tracking deadlines based on the carrier holiday surcharges
- If an order is marked as delivered but not received, the customer will be approved for reshipment. If the customer requests a refund, the decision will be made at LABL's discretion and may require additional information from the merchant or customer.
- If an order has a forwarding address set up but it is not received, the customer will be approved a replacement at LABL's discretion.
If a package's status is "delivered" but is not received by the customer, LABL considers the package stolen. Claims for stolen packages must be filed 5 days after the delivery date, but cannot be filed after 15 days to verify that there was not a misdelivery or misplacement of the package.
- If a package is delivered to the wrong address, due to the carrier error, LABL considers the package to be stolen and will replace the order on behalf of the customer.
- If the customer input the wrong address at checkout, this is user error and is not covered under LABL's Protect Policies. The customer will need to contact the retailer to remedy the situation.
An item is considered broken if it is unusable (i.e. unmistakably fractured, bent, shattered, crushed, etc.) LABL doesn't cover cosmetic damage such as scratches or dents, damage caused by manufacturing, errors in packaging, or items that are unsealed. Damaged items qualify for replacements and will not be refunded. This reduces the potential of fraud. Refunds are only applicable for custom, perishable, or out of stock items.
Claims for damaged items must be filed within 15 days of delivery.
LABL requires photographic evidence of broken or damaged items. Photos of the item(s) and the packaging must be included. Additional evidence may be required.
- If an item is broken, and the customer needs to dispose of it, they need to check their city ordinances and properly dispose of it. Unless the retailer indicates otherwise, the customer does not need to ship the item back to the retailer.
- On existing subscriptions where the customer already purchased LABL Protect, LABL will reorder items in the subscription that can be purchased individually that were lost, stolen, or damaged in transit. If they cannot be purchased, we will refund them.
- A new subscription cannot be ordered since LABL would then be paying for the monthly subscription.
- Concerning customized items, LABL cannot reorder those items due to additional liability. A refund can be offered instead.
- If an item is out of stock, LABL may offer a refund to the customer, which can be used when the item is back in stock. LABL does not have information as to when items will be back in stock.
- If an item is out of stock on the website but in stock at the warehouse, LABL will work with the merchant and pay the cost of the item and shipping. This will be paid directly to the merchants LABL account as a credit. The merchant is responsible for tracking the order and sending it to the customer.
- If a customer is dissatisfied with the quality or features of an item, and the item is not deemed damaged or stolen by the definitions above. LABL will not issue a refund or replacement. LABL Protect does not extend to satisfaction guarantees. The customer will need to contact the retailer directly if the request is covered under the retailers return policy.
- If a claim is filed outside of the set windows of LABL's timeline policy, the claim will be denied.
- Lost items: Claim filed 7 days after last update (domestic) claim filed 21 days after last update (international)
- Delivered but not received: Claim must be filed 5 days after the marked delivery date, but cannot be filed after 15 days
- Damaged items: Claim must be filed within 15 days after the delivery date
- If a customer paid for expedited shipping and the package arrives later than expected, LABL will not cover the shipping cost. LABL does not cover package delays for any reason, unless the item is perishable.
- If a customer paid for expedited shipping on the original order, LABL will ship the replacements with expedited shipping at its sole discretion.
- If is the responsibility of the customer to pay any payment installment companies directly. If a customer receives a refund from LABL, they must pay the installments to the company directly.
- If no tracking information is available, LABL will reach out to the retailer to see if any can be provided. LABL reserves the right to deny these claims.
- LABL cannot cover claims for orders shipped to non-sanctioned countries. Here is a list of countries sanctioned by the U.S.
- If LABL does not hear from a merchant within 5 days, we will close the claim. If a merchant responds to the original thread, the claim will reopened.
- If the customer added LABL Protect by accident, or no longer wants it, LABL can offer a refund if the order has not yet shipped. If the order has already been shipped, then the protection is already in place and no refund can be offered.
- If ID verification is required at checkout, LABL can offer the customer a refund instead of reordered to protect the identity of each party.
- Holiday Extensions, LABL reserves the right to extend the claim timelines for approval windows during the holidays due to carrier shipping delays.
- Lost items: Claim filed 20 days after last update (domestic) claim filed 30 days after last update (international).
- Delivered but not received: Claim must be filed 7 days after the marked delivery date, but cannot be filed after 20 days.
- Damaged items: Claim must be filed within 15 days after the delivery date.
- Shipping cost reimbursements will be covered at LABL's discretion. This will include all claims that require the customer to be reimbursed for an item that was either lost, stolen, or damaged.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please email email@example.com and our Support Team will be happy to assist you.